Come visit us at the Kilgus Farmstead Country Store where you can purchase our products fresh from the farm! Our store is located on the Kilgus farm, 1 mile south of Fairbury, IL on 1st street. You will find all of our farmstead milk products as well as our farm-raised quality meats: Jersey beef, Berkshire pork, and Boer goat meat. We also source a diverse and growing number of locally-made, high quality products that complement our own. If you visit early on a Monday, Wednesday, or Friday, you can see the milk bottling process in action through the viewing window to our on-farm creamery! We also give tours in the Spring, Summer, and fall — see the Our Farm Tours page to schedule your tour.
Country Store Hours
Monday through Saturday
8 am to 6 pm*
Visit our Facebook page for current in-store specials and the ice cream flavor of the day.
Please note that we only accept cash and personal checks.
*Our farm store hours remain unchanged. We are diligently sanitizing all surfaces and keeping our farm store a safe place for you to shop for your favorite Kilgus Farmstead products.
Kilgus Farmstead Products*
- Farmstead Milk: Whole, 2%, skim and chocolate milk, heavy cream, half and half, and soft serve ice cream.
- Jersey Beef: A wide selection of frozen individual cuts as well as hamburgers, beef sticks, beef jerky, and summer sausage.
- Berkshire Pork: Frozen sausage, bratwurst, pork burgers, chops, bacon, roasts, and sausage links.
- Boer Goat Meat: A small variety of our most popular cuts (frozen).
- Meat Bundles: Packages that contain a wide variety of frozen Kilgus Farmstead Pork and Beef cuts are available occasionally in Spring and Summer for grilling season.
* Please note there are inherent seasonality that accompanies selling local products. Not all products are available in our store at all times; if there is a particular product you are seeking, contact us ahead to confirm availability.
Other Local Products**
- Beef House Restaurant Yeast Roll – Covington, IN – Package of 1 dozen yummy, frozen yeast rolls. Please note that we only carry a limited quantity – if you need several dozen please place a special order.
- Cascade Poultry – Fairbury, IL – Cage free chickens raised without antibiotics or hormones. Sold in ½ bird packages (frozen).
- Farmer in Odell – Odell, IL – Cow’s milk soap (made with milk from Kilgus Farmstead cows!), available in seven different scents. Handmade on a small family farm in North-Central Illinois.
- Feather Lane Farms – Fairbury, IL – Farm fresh eggs.
- Intelligentsia Coffee – Chicago, IL – Freshly roasted and packaged coffee.
- Kimberly’s Kupboard Tea – Cabery, IL – Locally produced tea bags, in a wide variety of flavors.
- Local Folks Foods – Sheridan, IN – A variety of wholesome natural homemade canned foods including spaghetti sauce, tomatoes, pizza sauce and hot sauce from our Indiana neighbors.
- Ropp Jersey Cheese – Normal, IL – Unique flavored cheddars.
- Sasse’s Apiary – Chestnut, IL – Local honey products including jars of fresh honey, candy, lotion and much more!
- Windcrest Dairy – Trenton, IL – Wonderful yogurt in plain, vanilla, strawberry, blueberry, raspberry and peach flavors.
** If you have suggestions for a local product that is not on this list, please let us know. We are always looking to add more quality products to our store, both for your shopping enjoyment and to support our fellow local small businesses!