We love to share information about our farming practices through giving tours of our Farmstead. However, we are a family-run business without extra staffing, so need to limit tours to the days when family can be available to host you. We welcome any size group, large or small, to make an appointment to tour Kilgus Farmstead by emailing or calling to reserve a spot on one of the pre-scheduled dates listed below. Tours cost $4 per person (2 and under are free) and this fee includes an ice cream cone from our farmstead store!
During our tour you will:
- Learn about the Kilgus Family and how we care for our animals;
- Visit our milking parlor and learn how the cows give us their rich milk;
- Meet our Jersey heifers, steers, and newborn calves, as well as our Boer goats and Berkshire hogs (babies if we’re lucky!);
- View our new compost barn and learn about its importance on the farm;
- Visit our Farmstead Country Store, where you can look through our viewing window into the creamery where our milk is bottled, shop for a variety of local products including our own, and enjoy a delicious soft-serve ice cream cone!
Tours will begin and end at the Kilgus Farmstead Country Store and will typically last 60-75 minutes depending on the size of your group. We ask that you arrive 5-10 minutes before the beginning of the tour, as we will begin promptly at the scheduled start time and head immediately outside to the animals.
We will be outside for most of the tour, so please dress appropriately for the weather. If it is raining (or has rained recently), you should expect mud. It is a good idea to wear old, closed toed shoes on the farm in any weather.
No payment is required to reserve your tour. Payment for the tour should be made at the end of the tour in the Country Store. Please note that we only accept cash and personal checks.
Tours on the dates below are limited to 15-20 individuals. If you have a group larger than 12, or are a club, organization, or school that would like a tour, please contact us for additional dates and times.
If you are unable to make it to your tour, please let us know as far in advance as possible so we can offer your spot to someone else. We may cancel tours due to inclement weather. When reserving your tour time slot, please give an emergency contact phone number and also an email address in case we need to cancel or change the tour for any reason.
Fall Tour Schedule
These dates are tentative based on family availability; until a tour time has been personally booked, these dates and times are subject to change.
- Thursday August 13th, 1:00pm
- Saturday August 29th, 10:00am
- Saturday September 26th, 11:00am
- Saturday October 10th, 10:00am
Finally, please remember that the Farmstead is also our home. While we love sharing about ourselves and our animals, when you tour our farmstead you are also guests at out home. Please keep this in mind and be respectful of our family, our property, and our animals – as you would as a guest at someone else’s home.
We look forward to seeing you and sharing with you about life on our farm!