Come visit us at the Kilgus Farmstead Country Store where you can purchase our products fresh from the farm! Our store is located on the Kilgus farm, 1 mile south of Fairbury, IL on 1st street, and we are open from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Saturday. If you visit early on a Monday, Wednesday, or Friday, you can see the milk bottling process in action through the viewing window to our on-farm creamery! We give tours in the Spring and Summer — see Tour Our Farmstead for pre-scheduled tour dates or call or email ahead to arrange a tour for your group.
In our charming Country Store you will find all of our farmstead milk products as well as our farm-raised quality meats: Jersey beef, Berkshire pork, and Boer goat meat. We also source a diverse and growing number of locally-made, high quality products that complement our own.
Please note that there is an inherent seasonality that accompanies selling local products. Not all products are available in our store at all times; if there is a particular product you are seeking, please call ahead to confirm its availability. The full list of products stocked in our Kilgus Farmstead Country Store includes:
Kilgus Farmstead Products:
- Farmstead Milk: Whole, 2%, skim and chocolate milk, heavy cream, half and half, and soft serve ice cream;
- Jersey Beef: A wide selection of frozen individual cuts as well as hamburgers, beef sticks, beef jerky, and summer sausage;
- Berkshire Pork: Frozen sausage, bratwurst, pork burgers, chops, bacon, roasts, and sausage links;
- Boer Goat Meat: A small variety of our most popular cuts (frozen);
- Meat Bundles: Packages that contain a wide variety of frozen Kilgus Farmstead Pork and Beef cuts are available occasionally in Spring and Summer for grilling season.
Other Local Products:
- Beef House Restaurant Yeast Roll – Covington, IN – Package of 1 dozen yummy, frozen yeast rolls. Please note that we only carry a limited quantity – if you need several dozen please place a special order by calling or emailing ahead.
- Cascade Poultry – Fairbury, IL — Cage free chickens raised without antibiotics or hormones. Sold in ½ bird packages (frozen).
- Farmer in Odell – Odell, IL — Cow’s milk soap (made with milk from Kilgus Farmstead cows!), available in seven different scents. Handmade on a small family farm in North-Central Illinois.
- Feather Lane Farms– Fairbury, IL — Farm fresh eggs.
- Intelligentsia Coffee – Chicago, IL – Freshly roasted and packaged coffee.
- Kimberly’s Kupboard Tea — Cabery, IL — Locally produced tea bags, in a wide variety of flavors.
- Local Folks Foods – Sheridan, IN — A variety of wholesome natural homemade canned foods including spaghetti sauce, tomatoes, pizza sauce and hot sauce from our Indiana neighbors.
- Ludwig Farmstead Creamery Cheese – Fithian, IL – Handcrafted, artisan aged farmstead cheeses (variety of semi-hard to hard cheeses).
- Marcoot Jersey Creamery – Greenville, IL – A variety of fresh and aged award-winning, farmstead, artisan cheeses.
- Ropp Jersey Cheese – Normal, IL – Unique flavored cheddars.
- Sasse’s Apiary – Chestnut, IL — Local honey products including jars of fresh honey, candy, lotion and much more!
- Windcrest Dairy – Trenton, IL – Wonderful yogurt in plain, vanilla, strawberry, blueberry, raspberry and peach flavors.
If you have a suggestion for a local product that is not on this list, please let us know. We are always looking to add more quality products to our store, both for your shopping enjoyment and to support our fellow local small businesses!
Finally, you can stay updated on the seasonal ice cream flavor of the week and learn about other in-store specials by following us on Facebook. When you visit, you won’t want to miss the opportunity to treat yourself to your favorite flavor of our delicious soft serve ice cream cone made with fresh milk from our cows!
Please note that we only accept cash and personal checks.
We hope to see you soon!